How to Find the Best Colorado Medical Marijuana Card Doctors
If you are a Colorado resident and you are looking for a Medical Marijuana Doctor, you have come to the right place. In this blog post, we will provide you with information on how to find the best doctors in the state who can help you obtain medical marijuana cards. We will also provide you with some tips on what to look for when choosing a doctor. So, whether you are a first-time patient or you are just looking for a new doctor, read on for more information!
Experienced Colorado Med Card Doctors
If you are looking to get a Colorado medical marijuana card, it is important to find a doctor who has experience in this field. The best way to do this is to ask around and do some research online. There are many doctors who offer medical marijuana evaluations, so you should be able to find one that fits your needs.
When looking for a doctor, make sure that you ask about their experience with medical marijuana. You should also ask about their stance on cannabis as a treatment option. Some doctors are still hesitant to recommend marijuana, while others see it as a valuable tool in the treatment of various conditions. It is important to find a doctor who shares your views on cannabis and who is comfortable recommending it as a treatment option.
What to Look for When Searching for a Medical Marijuana Doctor
Here are some things to look for and questions to ask when searching for a doctor.
- What is the cost of a medical marijuana evaluation? Many doctors offer discounted rates or even free evaluations to patients who qualify for medical marijuana. If you cannot afford the consultation fee, contact your insurance company and see if they will cover it. If not, try contacting the state Department of Health and Human Services to see what programs are available in your area that can help you pay for an evaluation by a physician licensed to prescribe marijuana legally in Colorado.
- What is the doctor’s stance on medical marijuana? As we mentioned earlier, some doctors are still hesitant to recommend marijuana as a treatment option. You want to find a doctor who is open-minded and supportive of using cannabis as alternative medicine.
- Is this clinic associated with any dispensaries or cultivation operations? Some clinics have financial ties with dispensaries and cultivation centers. While there is nothing wrong with this, it is important to know beforehand so that you aren’t surprised to find out later on down the road.
- Are there any certifications or additional training required for this medical marijuana doctor? It is always a good idea to check whether or not your chosen physician has had additional training in medical marijuana. Most doctors do not receive this type of education, so it can be helpful when trying to narrow down your options and make sure they are knowledgeable about the plant itself.
- Will this clinic help me renew my license if I lose it? Some states require patients who have lost their licenses due to an arrest or conviction for possession charges (even though those convictions may no longer exist) must go through special licensing procedures before being able to purchase cannabis from dispensaries again. Make sure that the clinic you choose can help you through this process.
These are just some of the things to consider when looking for a marijuana doctor in Colorado. By following these tips, you should be able to find a physician who is right for you and your needs.
Common Conditions that Marijuana Can be Prescribed For
Here are a few conditions considered to be a “qualifying medical condition” that medical marijuana is prescribed to treat.
Marijuana can help reduce nausea, vomiting, and weight loss associated with chemotherapy treatments. It also helps alleviate pain caused by tumors pressing on bones or other areas of the body. It is believed that this plant may even have an effect on some types of cancer cells themselves (though research is still being conducted). Aside from these benefits though there are many patients who use cannabis because they just feel better when using it.
This plant is known to be effective at treating seizures due to its antispasmodic properties. It can help reduce the severity and frequency of both grand mal and petit mal symptoms in people who suffer from epilepsy or other seizure-related disorders like Dravet Syndrome (also called “severe myoclonic epilepsy”).
Marijuana has been found useful as an anti-spastic medication for those suffering from Multiple Sclerosis (MS). In addition, it can also aid patients with MS who experience pain due to muscle spasms caused by this condition. The two main compounds found in cannabis that are responsible for these effects are CBD (cannabidiol) which has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
The Process of Getting Your Medical Marijuana Card
Here is what the process of getting medical marijuana card looks like for Colorado residents:
- Visit a doctor to receive a medical marijuana evaluation.
- If your doctor believes that you would benefit from using medical cannabis, they will provide you with a written certification which you can use to apply online here for your Colorado medical marijuana card.
- Once approved, you will be able to print your medical card from the website. This card will allow you to purchase from medical dispensaries across Colorado.
Are Medical Marijuana Doctors the Only Doctors Who Can Prescribe Cannabis?
The short answer is “no”, but not all doctors believe in the benefits of this plant.
There are a growing number of doctors across the country who are open to cannabis as a treatment option, but there are still many who remain skeptical. This is mainly due to the lack of research that has been conducted on marijuana and its effects, both good and bad.
So while you may not be limited to seeing only medical marijuana doctors in order to get a recommendation for cannabis, it can be tough to find a non-specializing doctor who will give you an evaluation.